1. I do not have an account with OBC.Can I apply for locker?
Yes. You can register for locker on our website but to lease locker you will need to have a saving/Current account with OBC. You can open your account simultaneously by submitting KYC documents once.
2. Do I need to have Saving/Current account necessarily at the Branch where I am interested in leasing locker?
You can have your account in one Branch and locker in another Branch. Moreover, if you desire to transfer your account from one Branch to another Branch owing to operational convenience, that can also be done by putting a request to either Branch.
3. Can Locker be hired by blind and illiterate persons?
Yes.For futher detail contact Branch Manager.
4. Can locker be hired by Club, Society, Company, Trust or Associations?
Yes, kindly contact Branch for further details.
5. I cannot find the Branch I am looking for?
It might be possible that there is no locker facility in the Branch you are looking for.You can search for a nearby different Branch. You can find the phone number of the Branch in “Find my Branch”page and verify the same by calling/visiting them.
6. Why is my locker not guaranteed even after I have registered?
As the locker availability is not real time, there might be some inconsistency as far as displayed locker availability is concernd.The Branch will let you know the exact position within next working day of your registration.
7. I have received the registration number, what do I need to do now?
The Branch will give you a verification call within two working days with details of how to proceed with the hiring of locker.Alternately you can contact the Branch for which you have registered the request.
8. What are the charges for hiring and operating the lockers?
Size-wise locker rent is listed on our website.
9. What are requirements for hiring locker?
An application/request letter along-with photograph is required to avail the locker facility. For further details, contact Branch.
10. Can I authorize any person to operate locker on my behalf?
Yes subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. Kindly contact Branch for details.
11. What will be the timings for locker operations?
As per practice in vogue, the operating timings for the Safe Deposit Vault shall end half an hour before the close of office hours on all working days.
12. Is locker rent refundable in case of surrender of lockers?
Minimum Period of Locker facility shall be One Year and in case of Surrender of Locker, Refund of the Locker Rent, if any, shall be paid for the Complete Quarters left as on the Date of Surrender of Locker, for which Locker Rent has already been received in advance e.g. in case a Locker hirer has paid Locker Rent in advance say upto 31.03.2012 and Locker is surrendered before the end of the quarter 30.09.2011, the Locker Rent refundable shall be only for remaining 2 complete quarters i.e. quarters ending Dec’11 and Mar’12.
13. Is there any penalty on late payment of locker rent?
There is penalty on late payment of locker rent as below:
|Delay in payment of Locker Rent
|1st Qtr -
|| 10% of annual rent
|2nd Qtr -
|| 25% of annual rent
|3rd Qtr -
|| 40% of annual rent
|1st Year -
|| 50% of annual rent
|For more than 1 Year
|| Locker to be broken
14. Is there any limit on number of locker operations?
The number of operations of locker is a maximum of 15 times in a financial year. For operations beyond 15 times in a financial year, additional service charge of Rs.100/- per operation will be charged.
15. Can I put a padlock on the locker I have hired?
Yes, if you desire you can put a padlock on your locker.
16. What is the procedure to surrender locker?
To surrender the locker, written request with signature of all stake holders should be submitted in Branch.
17. I have moved to a new place, can I transfer my locker to a nearby Branch?
You can surrender the locker at your Branch and hire a new locker at the new Branch subject to availability.There is no transferring of locker facility available.
18. Is there nomination facility on lockers?
Yes. For further detail, contact Branch.
19. What is the frequency and date of locker rent collection by the Bank?
Locker rent is collected in advance for the full year in the month of April and for remaining quarter at the time of hiring.
20. Why am I asked to make a deposit?
Though deposit is not mandatory, the fixed deposit is obtained to cover the three years’ rent, the prevalent charges levied by the manufacturer for breaking open of the locker and cost of replacement of the Lock, in case of an eventuality.
21. What will happen if I lose my locker key?
Branch should be immediately informed in writing about the loss of key.The break open of locker and replacement of keys will be done in presence of locker holder.The cost of break open of locker and replacement of key will be borne by locker holder.
22. Can locker be issued in joint names?
Yes. For further detail contact Branch Manager.
23. I have registered for locker services on your website utility, but now I have changed my mind and I do not need that, what should I do?
You can apprise the Branch official during his call to you. Moreover, the registration number is automatically deactivated after 72 hour.