OPERATIONAL & SECURITY GUIDELINES ABOUT "iBanking"
As security is of paramount concern for using Internet Banking Services, you must take care and follow the security tips as under:
- The portal is compatible of browsers as Internet Explorer (IE) version 9.0 & above, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari etc.
- Customer can get the information about browser version from the browser e.g. in Microsoft Internet explorer, in dropdown menu "Help", "About Internet Explorer", it gives information about Browser version as well as Cipher strength (128 bit).
- Beware of fraudulent websites which look similar to the OBC I-Banking Ensure that you are on the Oriental Bank’s Internet Banking site before disclosing any confidential information (iBanking password, Transaction password etc.) by checking the URL of the webpage.
- Beware of scam e-mails which may contain a virus or be linked to a fraudulent website in order to elicit your confidential information.
- Install good anti-virus software, configure it properly & update it regularly.
- Always check the "padlock symbol" on the bottom right hand corner of webpage to ensure that you are connected to a secure session with Oriental Bank of Commerce. This is the VeriSign security symbol and confirms that the site you are interacting with is secured.
B. Safeguard your Password
- Upon receipt of Oriental Bank’s iBanking password mailer from the Bank, the customer should change the password assigned by the Bank.
- The new password should be of minimum 6 characters and preferably be a combination of Alpha, Numeric and Special characters.
- Customers should regularly change their both Signon & Transaction passwords.
- Customers should be advised to maintain strict secrecy of the passwords.
- The password should be memorized.
- While selecting the password, the customers should avoid numbers and letters that could be easily associated with them. Contact numbers, name, initials and birth date should be avoided as passwords.
- In case of doubt about compromising of the password, the customer should immediately change the password.
C. Log-in / Log-out
- unts to check unauthorized use of the facility.
- The customers should Log on regularly to iBanking web site : https://www.obconline.co.in to verify their iBanking accounts to check unauthorized use of the facility.
The customer should always remember to close the browser application after logout by clicking on Cross button.
- The customer should always log out/sign off from Oriental Bank’s iBanking web site, whenever he has finished using the service or whenever he is away from his PC.
- To ensure confidentiality of his information, he should always click on exit button.
D. Clear Cache browser/ Delete Temporary Internet Files - The customer should be advised to follow
The following instructions:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 & above, select Tools> Internet Options. Choose the "General" tab and click "Delete Files" on the "Temporary Internet Files" section
E. Other Security measures to be followed by the customer
At the Browser level:
Disable profile assistant in browser
Disable stored / per-session cookies in the browser
At the O/S level:
Disabling user-id & p/w storage assistance in Windows.
- The user-id & both passwords (Signon/ Txn) should not be disclosed to anyone including Bank staff.
- Avoid accessing Oriental Bank’s iBanking web site from PCs installed in Public / open areas like cyber-cafes or libraries, which may have S/w (or viruses) for capturing keystrokes / sensitive information in memory swap files.
- Do not disclose Personal Information like passwords, PIN, credit/ debit card numbers not to be provided to any entity in response to e-mail request.
- Do not transact any Financial Transaction sitting infront/ alongwith any person for Protection of Transaction password.
SECURITY MEASURES IN "Oriental Bank’s iBanking SERVICES"
Bank realizes that product and service design requires a strong commitment to the proper management of the risks associated with electronic commerce.
Your system Requirements
To use online banking, applications, or other secure forms on our site, you will need Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc. You may use / get information about browser version from the browser e.g. In Microsoft Internet explorer, in dropdown menu "Help", "About Internet Explorer" gives information about Browser version as well as Cipher strength.
No one can access your Oriental Bank’s iBanking account(s) without your User-id and Password. The bank generates your User-id at the time of account setup and communicates this information to you.You may change your Password as often as you like after successfully logging in to our online banking system. If you enter your Password incorrectly FIVE times, our system will lock out access. Only authorized bank personnel can unlock the account based on positive identification, when you make such a request. This policy is intended to protect you from hackers or other unauthorized individuals attempting to access your account(s) at OBC Internet Banking. Further, through ‘Personal Profile’ option, user can change the signon/transaction password. In case, password has been forgotten by the user, it can be revived through Ónline password reset’ from the ”forget password ?” option on the home page.
You may change your Password as often as you like after successfully logging in to our online banking system. This option is located in the Content web page. If you enter your Password incorrectly THREE times, our system will lock out access. Only authorized bank personnel can unlock the account based on positive identification of you when you make such a request. This policy is intended to protect you from hackers or other unauthorized individuals attempting to access your account(s) at OBC Internet Banking
Banks computer system does not connect directly to the Internet. Any and all requests for data must pass through two distinct validation and control centers also known as Firewalls. Secure Socket Layering (SSL) protects all data transmissions between your PC and banks’ computer system. SSL utilizes authentication and encryption technology developed by RSA Data Security, Inc. This method of cryptography means that your private information cannot be deciphered by unauthorized individuals.
In addition, the Oriental Bank’s iBanking In addition, the Oriental Bank’s iBanking system has been subjected to stringent security reviews and penetration tests by an independent firm.
VeriSign Global Secure Site IDs used by the bank enable secure online communications through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Global Secure Site IDs enables the negotiation of SSL sessions using strong 128-bit RC2 or RC4 encryption.